Saturday, June 7, 2008

Guardians Of The Galaxy

Just For The Record, I Absolutely Love The Marvel Cosmic Stuff. I Cut My Teeth On Warlock And The Infinity Watch Back In The Early 90's. I'm A Big Silver Surfer Fan. I Think Richard Rider Is A Pimp. I Believe That Galactus Is One Of The Baddest MoFos In The Marvel Universe.
Anyway, I Just Got Through Reading Guardians Of The Galaxy #1. Let Me Just Say...It Was Really Cool. I Think The Team Roster Is Pretty Good: Star Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Quasar, Gamora, Adam Warlock And Drax. Apparently, The Original Quasar Is Long Gone And In His Place Is A Hot Chic, Which I Am Totally OK With. Gamora, Drax, And Adam Were All Infinty Watch. So, I've Known Their Stories For About 15 Years. Adam Was Recently Reborn. He Believes Its To Keep Another Annihilation From Happening. I've Known Who Star Lord Was For A Long Time, But Haven't Really Ever Read Anything With Him In It And I'm Not At All Familiar With Rocket Raccoon, Which I Am Told Is Heresy.
I'm Liking That Marvel Is Pretty Much Letting Writers Dan Abnett And Andy Lanning, Who Also Write Nova And Penned Much Of The Annihilation: Conquest Series Books, Go Freakin' Buck Wild Out In Space. So, Needless To Say, The Writing Is Solid. It Has Some Pretty Nice Artwork By Paul Pelletier And A Slick Cover By Clint Langley.
I'm Still Into Nova And Enjoying It A Lot Also. Either Of These Titles Is Worth The Three Bucks. So, Check One Or Both Of Them Out, If You're Into That Sort Of Thing.

Now I Just Hope We Get A Warlock Solo Book And None Of The Guardians Are A Skrull...

No comments: