Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ex Machina


I Just Read The First Ex Machina Trade, The First Hundred Days. The Book Was Written By Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man) With Art By Tony Harris (Starman) And Published by DC/Wildstorm Comics. I Had Checked It Out A Few Times For The Art, But Never Got Into It Due To An Overpopulated Pull List. I Would Have To Say, Its Pretty Damn Good. The Whole Post 9-11 Political Commentary Thing They Have Going On Is Pretty Cool. The Art Is Fantastic. The Dialogue All Seems Very Natural, Which Is Important In A Story Like This. That Really Goes For Any Story. They Didn’t Mess Around Developing The Characters, Which Was Told Mostly In Flashbacks. They Got In There And Got It Done. By The End Of This Book, I Really Felt Like I Knew These Characters, Their World, And What Was Going On In It, Which Is A Nice Departure From The Norm. They Didn’t Screw Around For Twenty Issues Trying To Make You Guess What Was Happening, Although There Is A Few Things They Left Open For Good Measure. They Jump Right Into The Story And Just Immerse You In This Alternate Timeline. Like I Mentioned Before, They Did Not Answer ALL The Questions, So, I’ll Continue To Pick This One Up In Trade. I Think Its Pretty Needless To Say At This Point, But Enjoyed It A Lot. I’d Suggest Keeping An Eye Out For At Your Local Comic Shop Or Book Store. As Always, I’ll Keep You Posted.

No comments: